FGS 2014 Conference Ambassadors
Genealogy bloggers, societies, writers and editors are invited to participate in the Federation of Genealogical Societies 2014 Conference by becoming FGS 2014 Ambassadors. Ambassadors help to spread information about the FGS 2014 Conference in San Antonio, Texas, August 27-30, through social media to their friends, colleagues, and everyone interested in genealogy.
FGS 2014 Ambassadors include:
4YourFamilyStory.com - Caroline Pointer
ABT UNK - Amanda Pape
Ancestral Breezes - Jen Baldwin
Budding Genealogists - Claire Brisson Banks
Charles Despallier Alamo - Rasmus Dahlqvist
Dennis Drummond - Dennis Drummond
Documenting the Details - Linda McCauley
Edmond Genealogy Society - Carolyn B. Leonard
Fincastle Ancestry Research - Kirk Woosley
Genealogy Pants: Pants Pockets - Cari Taplin
Genealogy Traces - Judith Richards Shubert
Genealogy Works - Nancy Bronte
Hanging From the Family Tree - Donna Peterson
Littleton Books - Chuck Livermore
Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems - Lisa Louise Cooke
Musings By Linda: Anamnesis - Linda Geiger
No Story Too Small - Amy Johnson Crow
Paula's Genealogical Electica - Paula Stuart Warren
Royal Genealogist - Ann Royal
San Antonio Genealogical and Historical Society - Larry W. Luckett
The Ancestor Hunt - Kenneth R. Marks
The Ancestry Insider
The Social Media Guide for Ancestral Research - Claire Brisson Banks
The Who Hunter: On The Hunt - Rorey Cathcart
Tonia's Roots - Tonia Kendrick
WikiChicks - Eowyn Langhoff
Writing is Easy - Carolyn Leonard
Your Roots Are Showing, Dearie! - Sir Leprechaun Rabbit
To become an FGS 2014 Ambassador, just follow the three easy steps below:
- Register as an FGS 2014 Ambassador using the FGS 2014 Ambassador Sign Up Form.
- Add the FGS 2014 Ambassador badge to your blog, Facebook, or other social media account. The official badge is available below.
- Promote the FGS 2014 conference through social media.
Below are some ideas to help spread the word about FGS 2014:
- Participate in the FGS 2014 Monthly blogging prompts posted on the FGS Conference Blog.
- Write about the conference on your blog.
- Use the hashtag #FGS2014 on Twitter.
- Mention FGS 2014 on Facebook, Google Plus, and other social networks.
- Let your local historical and genealogical societies know about the conference.
Benefits to FGS 2014 Ambassadors:
- Potential to be guest blogger on FGS Conference Blog
- Link to your blog or website on the FGS Conference Blog's FGS 2014 Ambassador List
- Giveaways for active ambassadors
- Ambassador badge ribbon at the conference
The FGS 2014 Conference Committee looks forward to working with the FGS 2014 Ambassadors to make this conference a success. See you in San Antonio in August!
FGS 2014 Ambassador Badge
Download the FGS 2014 Ambassador Badge: JPG
Add the badge to your blog. Include a link to the FGS Conference website (https://www.fgsconference.org) to help your readers find the conference.
- Go to Layout.
- Click Add a Gadget.
- Select Image.
- Add a Title and Caption. Copy https://www.fgsconference.org into the Link box. Select Image From the Web and copy https://www.fgsconference.org/assets/media/FGS2014AmbassadorBadge.jpg into the box.
- Click Save.
- Go to Appearance.
- Click Widgets.
- Find Image and drag it to your sidebar.
- Add a Title. Copy https://www.fgsconference.org/assets/media/FGS2014AmbassadorBadge.jpg into the Image URL. Copy https://www.fgsconference.org into the Link URL box.
- Click Save.