Come travel the USA in the FGS Society Showcase! The 2015 conference will feature an exciting new layout guaranteed to impress one and all. In a stunning new visual display FGS member societies will promote their organizations in the FGS Society Showcase section in the Expo Hall. Follow your ancestors' migration pattern as you move from society to society learning what is available to researchers in each locality. You'll have the ability to ask questions, collect brochures, and connect with like-minded genealogists. Join us in the Society Showcase.
It's easy for FGS member societies to participate in Society Showcase. Send us 300 of your flyers. If you don't already have one, check out our Tips for Maying Your Own Flyer section below.
Instructions for Participating
- Make sure your society renews membership for 2015!
- Fine-tune your flyer. It should be in 8.5" x 11” format--single or double-sided page, or even a multi-paged brochure. Include a QR code if you can (below).
- Print out or photocopy 300 flyers. Use white or colored stock, plain or glossy.
- Place your flyers in a box clearly labeled on the outside with:
The name of your society
The name of your state.
- Mail to arrive by 15 January 2015 to:
50 East North Temple Street, JSMB Main
Salt Lake City, UT 84150
- Please alert us by email (email@example.com) by 15 January if you’d like to participate. This will help us plan.
- Stop by Society Showcase to answer participants’ questions. Your exhibit will be all set up. You don’t have to bring anything with you! We will display your flyers and encourage those who visit the FGS booth or Society Showcase to take a flyer or scan your QR code. This will help participants follow a migration path through the Society Showcase.
Tips for Making Your Own Flyer
- Society Name, address, URL and email
- QR code (particularly good for the techies!)
Visit http://www.qrstuff.com to generate your own. Easy peasy!
(Makes you look cool.)
- Mission Statement
- Geographic area covered
- Resources and projects for local and long-distance members
- Mention if your society offers look-ups.
- Do you offer special interest groups or beginners classes for locals?
- Provide contact information of officers or members attending the
conference so interested people can arrange to meet them.