Online registration for the FGS 2014 Conference in San Antonio, August 27-30, closes on Tuesday, August 19.
Below you will find the press release that is being sent out today. Feel free to share the press release on your blog, website, society periodical, email list, or just share it with your friends. The more people that hear about the conference, the better the conference will be.
2014 FGS CONFERENCE ONLINE REGISTRATION ENDS AUGUST 19
“Gone to Texas” – A Conference for the Nation’s Genealogists
August 15, 2014 – Austin, TX. Online registration for the 2014 Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) Conference, scheduled 27-30 August 2014 in San Antonio, Texas, ends Tuesday, August 19. Register at http://www.fgsconference.org/registration. This year’s conference theme is “Gone to Texas,” and the local hosts are the San Antonio Genealogical and Historical Society (SAGHS) and the Texas State Genealogical Society (TSGS).
Pre-registering for the conference gives you access to some great benefits. Those who have already registered for the conference still have time to purchase tickets to the conference “extras.”
Only attendees who pre-register for the conference can:
- Access the conference syllabus online prior to the conference.
- Guarantee a spot in the “extra” conference events (on-site tickets may be available to events if they have not sold out):
- 13 luncheons over the 4 conference days.
- 10 workshops over 3 days. Workshops are filling up quickly but there are still a few spaces remaining.
- Wednesday Night at the Institute of Texan Cultures on August 27, hosted by the the San Antonio Genealogical and Historical Society and the Texas State Genealogical Society.
- Friday evening’s “Night in Old San Antonio” at La Villita is sold out.
You can also purchase extra tickets (except for workshops) for your non-genealogy spouses or friends who traveled with you to the conference. Visit https://www.fgsconference.org/registration/ to register or add “extras” today. We hope to see you in San Antonio, August 27-30.
Learn More and Stay Connected
About the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) was founded in 1976 and represents the members of hundreds of genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helping genealogical societies strengthen and grow through resources available online, FGS FORUM magazine (filled with articles for the family history community), and Society Strategy Series papers, covering topics about effectively operating a genealogical society. FGS also links the genealogical community through its annual conference — four days of excellent lectures, including one full day devoted to society management topics. To learn more visit http://www.fgs.org.
Federation of Genealogical Societies
PO Box 200940
Austin, TX 78720-0940
phone: +1 (888) 347-1500
fax: +1 (866) 347-1350