The Federation of Genealogical Societies 2014 conference is less than five months away. Here are a few things you can do now to get a jump start on your conference plans:
- Don’t forget to add the FGS 2014 conference to your calendar for August 27-30, 2014. You may want to schedule a few extra days before or after the conference for bonus research days at research repositories in San Antonio or other parts of Texas.
- Have you made your hotel reservation? The Mariott Riverwalk hotel is currently accepting reservations. You’ll want to make your reservation early to guarantee your spot in the middle of the conference action. Visit www.fgsconference.org/lodging for the details about making your reservations.
- Consider what brick wall you would like to break down during FGS 2014. What steps do you need to take before the conference in order to have a research plan ready?
- Do your genealogy friends know about the great conference coming to San Antonio in August? Encourage them to like the FGS Facebook page or follow @FGS on Twitter.
- And lastly, take a look at the online FGS 2014 conference brochure